Whether you’re having some work done on your existing boiler, getting a new one installed or just having a service, only Gas Safe Registered engineers are legally allowed to work on gas appliances. In order to become a registered engineer, you must have undertaken a certain level of training to prove your competence.

Don’t panic if you don’t know a Gas Safe Registered engineer or aren’t sure if the one you have in mind is, there’s a quick and easy way to check.

Where to look

It doesn’t take long to find a registered engineer in your area, there’s just four simple steps.

  1. Head over to the Gas Safe Register website.
  2. Click on ‘Find an engineer near you’ and enter your postcode.
  3. Not all engineers are qualified to do all types of gas work, so check they have the skills for the work you need.
  4. Last but not least, get in touch with them to get a quote for the work you’d like carried out.

Easy, right?

Regard the card

If you already have someone in mind, you can also use the Gas Safe Register website to check if that person or business is registered.

Every registered engineer is given a Gas Safe ID card, so remember to check their ID before any work is done. Each card also has a license number, which you can check on the Gas Safe Register website to make sure they’re qualified.


If your Ravenheat boiler needs a service, be sure to use a Gas Safe Registered engineer, or if you’re on the lookout for a new one, take a look at our products page.